Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyzes trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when prices drop so you can book flights and hotels at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 20 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
We’re looking for a Freelance Photographer to join our Content Team. You will play a key role in shooting a wide variety of content created specifically for Hopper's hotels product. The ideal candidate can strike a perfect balance between following creative guidelines and injecting style and personality into their work.
Our Content Approach:
Content production at Hopper is fast-paced and iterative. We’re speedy and scrappy while consistently delivering an elegant and delightful user experience. We believe the best way to showcase hotels is through authentic and engaging content that portrays what it’s actually like to stay at the hotel. Little to no Photoshop. No premium rooms with balconies. No staging. No fresh flowers. Our goal is to capture the true guest experience.
In this role, you will:
- Find creative ways to highlight important amenities at various hotels and execute stellar photography
- Provide important notes / feedback to ensure a smooth workflow
- Review, select, edit and upload your stills to Amazon Web Services
- Occasionally travel to shoot hotels in other markets
- Prioritize appropriately: use good judgement to make tradeoffs necessary to speed up learnings and balance competing, and often changing, goals
- Have fun! You get to stay at hotels and photograph them
- Proven experience in self-producing compelling, shareable photography
- Ownership of a professional camera / ability to shoot at a focal length approximately equivalent to 24mm on a full-frame sensor. We recommend being able to shoot at the following focal length according to your camera sensor:
- Full frame: 24mm
- APS-C: ~16mm
- Micro 4/3: 12mm
- iPhone 7 plus or higher with wide angle lens + Pro Camera or similar app also fine
- Plentiful and flexible availability: we move fast and are looking for people who can devote significant time to the project
- Great communications skills
- No ego when it comes to content: the focus is always on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals
- Videography experience is a big, big plus!
Sound like the perfect fit? Prove it!