Operations Product/Project Manager
Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyzes trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
But this is just the beginning. Learn more.
As an Operations Product/Project Manager, you will live at the nexus of Operations, Customer Support & Ticketing, Development and Product. You will use a data-driven approach to research, conceptualize, guide implementation, and analyze solutions for operationalizing new business lines, new product features, new supply sources, and new internal tools. You will also design, specify, and implement solutions for optimizing the operational efficiency of existing products, supply sources, workflows, proprietary tools, and third-party integrations.
You might be a great fit for our team if you have experience in Operations, Product, Customer Experience, or Travel Booking, and are comfortable with scrappy, fast-paced, rapidly-growing environments. If you are excited about creating effective tools, efficient workflows, concise & enjoyable instructional content, and consistently iterating to improve on all of the above, this is a great opportunity to jump in and quickly make an impact.
In this role you will:
- Work closely within the Operations team to identify opportunities for improvement, scope projects, analyze business impact, and prioritize projects requiring cross-functional resources
- Gather requirements, feedback, and data from internal product users such as Support & Ticketing team members to create and iterate on tools and workflows based on structural needs and a rapidly evolving ecosystem of tools and resources
- Collaborate with product managers and engineers in Product, Engineering, and Growth to define requirements, devise implementation burndown plans and launch dates, prioritize and delegate various project components, and communicate effectively about ongoing and upcoming projects and product features
- Specify, configure, and implement out-of-the-box solutions with business rules and workflow logic
- Define success metrics and conduct post-analyses of completed projects
- Build data dashboards and present insights into operational processes including performance and productivity, tools usage, and issue tracking
- Help various teams and the company broadly meet goals and aid success of new initiatives by developing innovative and scalable operational processes
A qualified candidate has:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A keen ability for adapting technical and non-technical content for various audiences and purposes
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working with project management tools (Trello, Airtable, Asana, etc.) and cloud-based collaborative workspaces (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- Experience with customer support operations and workflow optimization
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and other travel systems is a huge plus
- A penchant for data-driven decisions, and ability to create and present analyses and prioritize work based on demonstrable facts and trends
- Sound judgment; makes decisions based on best available qualitative and quantitative information
- An ability to adapt to new or quickly changing direction based on user feedback, market demands, and business needs
- An impressive mix of creative, operational, analytical, and non-linear thinking
- Interest in the travel industry and growth-stage companies; you should be comfortable working in a small, but swiftly scaling team and a fast-paced, iterative environment
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
Sound like a fit? We can't wait to hear from you.