VP Finance/ Controller
Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyzes trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
We are looking for a VP Finance/ Controller to run our internal accounting department. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and directs and prioritizes the workload of the finance team. You will have exposure to all levels of the organization, and must be a strategic-minded person who is also able to be very hands-on and extremely focused on the details.
- Create and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements to be reviewed with management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Enterprise resource and investment planning
- Develop analytical models and ad-hoc reports
- Compile, analyze, interpret, monitor, and report financial and operational metrics
- Cash management and treasury
- Oversee AP, AR, P&L
- Payroll, sales & use, and income tax preparation
- Business registrations maintenance
- Maintain insurance policies and renewals
- Help identify new accounting/ERP/CRM solution and implement
- Help document and implement internal controls framework including policies & procedures manuals
- The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of financial/accounting leadership, financial analysis and accounting management experience
- Big 4 experience and minimum 2 years in a controllership or assistant controllership function preferred
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, accounting, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong accounting research background especially in revenue recognition and software capitalization areas a plus
- Must have exceptional Microsoft Excel skills plus other advanced computer and database skills
- Exposure to foreign currency consolidations a plus
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines
- Must have BS/BA in Accounting; MBA/MS a plus
- CPA/CMA a plus
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, bonus and stock option eligible
- Strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, all fully covered.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial team where pushing the limits is every day business
- Loft-like, casual work space conveniently located near Kendall/MIT Station
- Team lunches, off-site activities, game nights and much more!