Travel Support Agent
Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyses trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
But this is just the beginning. Learn more.
As a Travel Support Agent at Hopper, you are the face of the company as you will be the first point of contact for our users. You must have a passion for the travel industry, enjoy working with people, and be a natural problem-solver. We want people who genuinely love making customers loyal and happy! This is the rare opportunity for talented people to build something totally new in the travel industry; We need to you be ready and excited to use your existing knowledge to bend the rules and innovate with us.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate directly and empathetically with Hopper customers via phone, email, chat and social media, to alleviate time-sensitive booking-related incidents, while focusing on the lifetime brand loyalty of our users
- Answer user’s pre-booking and post-booking questions while working out of multiple global distribution systems (GDSs), non-GDS services, and our internal tools and systems
- Anticipate customer needs and exceed their expectations by providing an exceptionally high level of service and support
- Triage appropriately by using good judgment, making calculated tradeoffs to accelerate incident resolution while balancing competing priorities
- Work closely with our product, development, and operations teams to help inform, shape, and execute the building and optimization of ticketing and support processes
- Collaborate extensively with remote and in-house support and ticketing agents to improve operations and overall customer satisfaction
- Ability and eagerness to quickly learn new systems and comfortably identify and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions with regard to each particular situation
- Natural empathy and the ability to understand, meet, and exceed customer needs
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to adjust tone, formality, and responses as needed
- Discretion; the ability to reliably and professionally handle sensitive communications
- An adaptable and resilient attitude; must be comfortable with a fast-paced, scrappy, and dynamic startup environment
- Native English written and oral proficiency; bilingual proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus!
- Willingness to work a flexible and demanding schedule; We are currently assisting our users from 7AM until midnight and applicants must be available to work both weekdays and weekends.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial team where pushing the limits is every day business
- Loft-like, casual work space conveniently located near a Metro station
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits are fully covered by Hopper!
- Opportunity for advancement
- Team lunches, off-site activities, game nights and much more!