Hotel Market Manager - San Francisco
Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyzes trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015. Hopper is soon adding hotel room price predictions to the app. Hopper is backed by top-tier VCs Accomplice (FKA Atlas Venture), Brightspark, OMERS Ventures, CDPQ, Investissement Quebec and BDC.
We’re looking for a west coast based Market Manager to join our small but growing Hotel team. In this role you will build and maintain relationships with a set of Hotels and ensure that Hopper customers can find and rent rooms at these properties.
To succeed at Hopper you must have passion for travel and hospitality, love to shop and buy products on your phone, and prefer a start up culture to big company bureaucracy. You should be stimulated by customer engagement and enjoy both selling to new hotels and managing ongoing relationships. You should also be ambitious about your career and eager to take on expanded responsibilities as Hopper grows.
In this position you will:
- Build and progressively expand a portfolio of local hotel partners by negotiating and securing win-win distribution partnerships, facilitating hotel onboarding, and owning the ongoing success of your hotels with Hopper.
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives) set by Hopper leadership.
- Engage with both individual hotels and hotel groups in and around the bay area in order to achieve your targets.
- Ensure that partner hotels’ product (content, rates and availability) is consistently optimized and competitive on the Hopper app to maximize customer conversion.
- Maximize sales for your hotel partners by providing relevant data insights and superior support services and collaborating closely with Hopper’s product, support, and growth teams.
- Represent Hopper in the local market, build Hopper’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry.
- Educate Hopper colleagues on market dynamics and specific needs/requests from your portfolio.
- Secure additional rates and rooms as and when Hopper chooses to offer additional product to Hopper customers.
- Secure seasonal deals, evergreen and dynamic promotions within the guidelines set by Management to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts.
A strong candidate will demonstrate:
- A solid educational background featuring a four year college degree. A degree in Hospitality, Tourism or Business Administration is a plus but not required. A graduate degree is also a plus.
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding job performance goals.
- The ability to convey information both qualitatively and quantitatively and a demonstrated understanding of key hotel metrics in order to communicate Hopper’s value in the context of those metrics.
- Capacity to engage with a wide range of partner staff ranging from front desk clerks to Sr. corporate executives.
- Good work prioritization skills to remain laser-focused on achieving target KPIs (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives).
- Passion for Travel, Hospitality, and Hopper’s mission. Desire to evangelize Hopper’s message throughout the world.
- Appetite for working with fast changing, innovative technology in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a diverse team of people owning different skill sets and perspectives.
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement meaningful action plans based on the data.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; clear and persuasive speak and active listener.
- Competitive base salary and incentive pay
- Excellent Health benefits
- Relaxed office environment