Freelance Production Coordinator
Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyses trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
But this is just the beginning. Learn more.
We’re looking for a Production Coordinator to join our content team as a monthly freelancer with the option for full time! You will play a key role in coordinating a wide variety of live action and animated video content that is created specifically for Hopper.
As a Production Coordinator, you will work at the intersection of product, brand, and production to create successful video content. Every day you'll be working on projects that will help shape our content strategy. Whether you're coordinating video shoots, vetting new content partners, or maintaining the overall content calendar, your contribution to Hopper’s success will be critical. You'll become part of a small, versatile, and highly collaborative team with big ambitions.
Our Content Approach:
Content production at Hopper is fast-paced and iterative. We move quickly to identify content strategy, storyboard, shoot, test, and learn. We’re speedy and scrappy while consistently delivering an elegant and delightful user experience.
In this role, you will:
- Take end-to-end ownership of the content production process: scheduling, budgets, crew, internal review, etc.
- Help define and maintain the overall content calendar
- Be highly collaborative with the Product, Design, and external partners on strategy while considering company goals, timeline and ease of implementation
- Assist with hiring and onboarding new team members
- Manage partner relationships
- Provide on-set supervision for partnered productions
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up learnings and balance competing, and often changing, priorities
A highly qualified candidate has:
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in relevant content, production, broadcast or digital media roles
- Competence and understanding of design and production processes
- Previously worked on content creation, especially for mobile platforms
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- On-set experience and is comfortable managing relationships with travel partners
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- No ego when it comes to content; the focus is always on getting quickly to the right answer and doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Interest and experience in the travel industry and startups is a plus, you should be comfortable working in a close-knit team and fast-paced environment
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals
Sound like a fit? We can’t wait to hear from you.