Research Analyst - Cambridge or Montreal
At Hopper, every dataset tells a story. Do you have what it takes to decipher the clues? bit.ly/2q6U8dq
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our team as a research analyst, to (1) create consumer-focused research content and (2) support user-centric product development and growth based on our real-time feed of billions of flight search results along with an archive of several trillion data points.
You may be a great fit for our team if you are excited about exploring huge (and sometimes messy) data sets and finding effective ways to simplify and communicate the results to a non-technical audience.
In this role you will
- Transform complex analyses into short, compelling, and easy to understand studies to share with journalists aimed at a consumer audience
- Frame and conduct complex analyses and experiments using tremendously large (e.g. 10^6 to 10^10 records) data sets
- Design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis scripts, design and deliver appropriate summary tables, charts and interactive tools to present your results
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment responding to ad hoc research requests
A qualified candidate has
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
- Exposure to scripting with Pandas, R, SAS or other data preparation and analysis tools
- Experience with relational databases and SQL would be an asset
Sound like a fit? We can't wait to hear from you.
Compensation will be competitive including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs (Atlas Venture, Brightspark and OMERS Ventures).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.