Evening Customer Support Specialist
Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyses trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
But this is just the beginning. Learn more.
This is the rare opportunity for talented people to build something totally new in the travel industry; we need you to bring your existing knowledge and be ready and excited to bend the rules and innovate with us. Most of all, you must enjoy working with people, solving problems, and making customers loyal and happy.
In this role, you will:
- Communicate directly and empathetically with Hopper customers, via phone, email, chat and social media, to alleviate time-sensitive booking-related incidents, while focusing on the lifetime brand loyalty of our users
- Anticipate customer needs and exceed their expectations by providing an exceptionally high level of service and support
- Assist our internal team and external partners with pre-booking, ticketing, and modifying reservations made via the Hopper app
- Monitor queues and operational ticketing processes in multiple global distribution systems (GDSs), non-GDS services, and our internal tools and systems to ensure smooth functioning and successful ticketing on all files
- Triage appropriately by using good judgment, making calculated tradeoffs to accelerate incident resolution while balancing competing priorities
- Work closely with our product, development, and operations teams to help inform, shape, and execute the building and optimization of ticketing and support processes
- Collaborate extensively with remote and in-house support and ticketing agents to improve operations and overall customer satisfaction
- Ability and eagerness to quickly learn new systems and comfortably identify and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions with regard to each particular situation
- Natural empathy and the ability to understand, meet, and exceed customer needs
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to adjust tone, formality, and responses as needed
- Discretion; the ability to reliably and professionally handle sensitive communications
- An adaptable and resilient attitude; must be comfortable with a fast-paced, scrappy, and dynamic startup environment
- Native English written and oral proficiency; bilingual proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus!
- Willingness to work a flexible and demanding schedule as customer and product needs may require
- Must be willing to work overnight
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial team where pushing the limits is every day business
- Loft-like, casual work space conveniently located near a Metro station
- Coming soon:
- Scheduled time away from customer-facing duties to work on projects and enhancements to the operations, the app and your own Hopper passion projects
- "Learn-to-Earn" training programs that allow you to increase your base salary by successful mastery of specific skills, tools, and competencies to become a well-rounded, Hopper Loyalty expert.
How to Apply
- Submit your application by following the green button below
- Be sure to include a short cover letter (maximum 250 words) in your application that addresses two questions:
- Why do you like helping people?
- What do you like about Hopper?
Want to skip the line?
- Send us a short video intro and we'll guarantee you advance to the next stage in the process!
Take out your mobile device and tell us a story of a time when you helped someone. Keep it short – 60 seconds (or less) – and send it to us via one of our social media accounts:
- Facebook: facebook.com/hoppertravel (via the Facebook Messenger App on your phone or Facebook private message from your browser)
- Instagram: instagram.com/hopper (send us an Instagram Direct Message, phone only)
- Twitter: twitter.com/hopper (Direct Message, phone or browser)
- Snapchat: hopper_app (Max length 15 seconds, we can only view once, so make it count! Phone only)