Technical Product Manager
Hopper is a mobile-only company that uses big data to predict and analyze airfare and accommodations. The app provides travelers with the information they need to get the best deals on flights and hotels, and notifies them when prices are at their predicted lowest points.
Since launching in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 20 million installs. It is the #1 travel app in over 37 countries and ranks as one of the top 10 travel apps in over 95 countries. Our users have watched 45 million trips since launch and are booking $1.5 million worth of travel through the app each day. Hopper has received accolades such as Apple’s App Store Best of 2015, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and the Webby Award for Best Travel app.
Hopper was founded in 2007 and has $104 million CAD in funding to date from Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), Accomplice, Brightspark, OMERS, BDC IT Venture Fund, and Investissement Québec.
As a Technical Product Manager you'll be part of a growing team of Engineers and Product Designers with big ambitions: delivering a delightful and powerful product that empowers travelers. In this role, you will manage travel shopping and reservation system integrations, developing Hopper's direct connectivity with airline, hotel and other travel systems.
You were trained as a Data Scientist or a Software Engineer, but find yourself less interested in writing code and more interested in mapping complex systems, workflows and business processes. You will work with product, engineering, operations, and growth teams to plan, prioritize, analyze and specify technical solutions to support Hopper's international and product-line initiatives.
- Exceptional ability to grasp, manage and articulate complex systems
- Excel at identifying the essential qualities of a software project: what's important, what's not, how can we limit cost and risk?
- Outstanding research, analysis, communication, modeling, reporting, project management and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Engineer and Business, you bridge the communication gap between technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience with GDS, CRS, airline, hotel and other travel systems.
- Experience with customer support operations and workflow optimization
- Software engineering skills with knowledge of distributed databases, micro-services, user experience, and e-commerce systems
Compensation will be competitive including equity in a growth-stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.