Hopper is an award-winning airfare prediction app available for iOS and Android devices. The app analyzes billions of flight prices a day to provide advice on when to fly and buy. Hopper predicts price changes for your trip, notifies you when to book, and offers the fastest way to book a flight.
In this role you will:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Be in charge of payable/receivable, payroll, bank reconciliations, chart of accounts and oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations,
- Issue timely and complete financial statements and coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and provide for a system of management cost reports.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings and coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- 2+ years experience in revenue accounting in a start-up tech OR with a Big 4 accounting firm combined with industry experience at a top tier company (Tech industry and/or public company experience preferred).
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline, CPA certification a strong plus.
- Knowledge of IATA/ARC compliance, a plus.
- Advanced Excel knowledge. SQL knowledge (Basic to Intermediate) a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions. You will need a great mix of creative and analytical thinking!
- Interest in the travel industry and startups is a plus; you should be comfortable working in a growing team and a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals.
Compensation will be competitive including equity in a growth-stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
Sound like a fit? We can't wait to hear from you.
This position is based out of our Montreal, QC, office.