Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyses trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
But this is just the beginning. Learn more.
We’re seeking experienced travel agents to provide the best support on the planet to our users. You'll work directly with users as well as our remote booking support and in-house product support and ticketing operations teams. As a Hopper travel agent, you will be a part of essential day-to-day functions, including but not limited to ticketing, modifying, and canceling users' bookings via phone, email, and live chat interactions.
You must be ready to work independently and across multiple teams with minimal guidance, prioritize tasks, and make judgment calls quickly and effectively. You’ll be an excellent match for this role if you know the ins-and-outs of standard airline policies and procedures and can work in a GDS terminal with your eyes closed.
This is the rare opportunity to build something totally new in the travel industry; we need you to bring your existing knowledge and be ready and excited to bend the rules and innovate with us. Most of all, you must enjoy working with people, solving problems, and making customers loyal and happy.
In this role, you will:
- Assist our remote customer support team with pre-booking, ticketing, and modifying reservations made via the Hopper app
- Communicate directly and empathetically with high-stakes Hopper users to alleviate time-sensitive booking-related incidents
- Monitor queues and operational ticketing processes in Sabre Red Workspace and our internal tools and systems to ensure smooth functioning and successful ticketing on all files
- Collaborate extensively with remote and in-house support and ticketing agents to improve processes and overall customer satisfaction
- Triage appropriately by using good judgment, making appropriate tradeoffs to accelerate incident resolution while balancing competing priorities
- Work closely with our product, development, and operations teams to help inform, shape, and execute bringing the ticketing and support processes entirely in-house
A highly qualified candidate has:
- Expert knowledge with a Global Distribution System and Central Reservations Systems, Sabre and Apollo particularly preferred
- If you do not have prior GDS experience, you must be prepared to complete extensive self-directed training to become a systems expert
- Confidence using customer relationship management (CRM) software like Zendesk, Help Scout, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and comfortably identify and troubleshoot technical issues
- Extensive experience with ticketing, modifying, and canceling airline reservations in accordance with customer needs, airline schedule changes, and carrier restrictions
- Capacity to understand and accurately apply fare rules, airline policies, service level agreements, and other requirements
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions with regard to each particular situation
- Natural empathy and the ability to understand, meet, and exceed customer needs
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to adjust tone, formality, and responses as needed
- Discretion; the ability to reliably and professionally handle sensitive communications
- An adaptable and resilient attitude; must be comfortable with a fast-paced, scrappy, and dynamic startup environment
- Native English written and oral proficiency; bilingual proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus!
- Willingness to work a flexible and demanding schedule as customer and product needs may require
Sound like a fit? We can’t wait to hear from you.
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial team where pushing the limits is every day business
- Loft-like, casual work space conveniently located near a Metro station
- Scheduled time away from customer-facing duties to work on projects and enhancements to the operations, the app and your own Hopper passion projects
- "Learn-to-Earn" training programs that allow you to increase your base salary by successful mastery of specific skills, tools, and competencies to become a well-rounded, Hopper expert.
How to Apply
- Submit your application by following the green button below
- Be sure to include a short cover letter (maximum 250 words) in your application that addresses two questions:
- Why do you like helping people?
- What do you like about Hopper?
Want to skip the line?
- Send us a short video intro and we'll guarantee you advance to the next stage in the process!
Take out your mobile device and tell us a story of a time when you helped someone. Keep it short – 60 seconds (or less) – and send it to us via one of our social media accounts:
- Facebook: facebook.com/hoppertravel (via the Facebook Messenger App on your phone or Facebook private message from your browser)
- Instagram: instagram.com/hopper (send us an Instagram Direct Message, phone only)
- Twitter: twitter.com/hopper (Direct Message, phone or browser)
- Snapchat: hopper_app (Max length 15 seconds, we can only view once, so make it count! Phone only)