Mobile Product/UI Designer
Google’s “Most Beautiful Apps” of 2016
Google Play Award 2016 - Standout Startup
Webby Award 2016 - Mobile Travel
Fast Company’s Innovation by Design Award 2016 - Nominee
Apple App Store Best of 2015 - #7 Best App of the Year
Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyses trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
But this is just the beginning. Learn more.
Your role as a Mobile Interface Designer will be to design features for Hopper’s mobile apps that are both useful & delightful. You'll become part of a high-caliber product and development team whose shared goal is to design, build, evaluate and iterate to find the most elegant product solutions as quickly as possible. Whether you're designing a new way for travelers to shop for flights or an engaging onboarding flow, you'll be expected to think about design problems from multiple perspectives (User goals, company goals, design cohesion, ease of implementation, etc.).
In this role, you will:
- Produce high-quality interfaces, interactions, and prototypes with excellent attention to detail, quickly and effectively
- Take on new feature design and product ideas from early concepts to final implementation
- Solve product problems with a focus on the best user interface while balancing company goals, design cohesion, user experience, and ease of implementation
- Seek out, understand and incorporate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process
- Iterate quickly to get to a design that works (as evidenced by data)
- Be highly collaborative with Product Managers & other Designers to refine our core app experience and design new features
- Work with Developers to establish requirements, manage implementation and ship features
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing, and often changing, priorities
- Use good judgement about where to spend time and effort
A highly qualified candidate has:
- Portfolio / work samples we can review
- At least 2-4 years’ experience designing user interfaces, including mobile platforms
- Competence and understanding of design and development processes
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals in both visual and interactive design
- Passion for being involved in the big picture, while fearlessly diving into the details
- Adaptable attitude; comfortable with a fast-paced, agile development process
- Sound judgement; makes product decisions based on best available qualitative and quantitative user feedback
- No ego when it comes to product or design; the focus is always on getting quickly to the right answer and doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Interest and experience in the travel industry and startups is a plus, you should be comfortable working in a close-knit team and fast-paced environment
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty, ambiguity, and quickly evolving goals
Sound like a fit? We can’t wait to hear from you.
Compensation will be competitive including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs (Accomplice (FKA Atlas Venture), Brightspark and OMERS Ventures).