Quantitative Analyst - Cambridge or Montreal
Do you love options pricing theory? Solve stochastic differential equations and hack simulation code for fun? Are you tired of the financial markets and looking for a new challenge?
Hopper is a rapidly growing startup inventing new ways to approach the airfare marketplace, using big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyses prices for trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop and suggests alternatives based on your preferences so you can book the right flight at the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015. But this is just the beginning. Learn more.
We’re looking for an exceptional quantitative analyst in either the Cambridge or Montreal area to drive the next generation of our airfare pricing and forecasting algorithms. We offer a fast-paced, data-driven, and highly collaborative environment where you’ll work with crazy smart people to chart Hopper’s future trajectory.
A successful candidate will have:
- A BSc or higher degree in math, physics, economics or other quantitative field
- 2-5 years practical experience in quantitative analysis such as options pricing, stochastic modeling, portfolio optimization and credit risk modeling
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A passion for experimentation and exploration of new ideas
- Experience with Pandas, R or similar tools for data analysis, time-series analysis and machine learning
- Demonstrated coding ability to implement quantitative algorithms
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL