Hopper is a new kind of travel company that uses big data to empower travelers. The Hopper app for iOS and Android analyzes trillions of past and current trips to predict when you should fly and buy. The app notifies you when fares drop so you can book flights at just the right moment. Hopper is among the fastest growing travel apps ever, with over 10 million installs since it was launched in 2015.
We’re looking for a product manager who lives at the intersection of growth and product development. You’ll use a data-driven approach to conceptualize, test and analyze potential new product features to determine their viability and potential impact on the growth of Hopper.
You might be a great fit for our team if you have a growth mindset, product experience and know how to code. You should be excited about tracking and analyzing data to determine KPIs and evaluate whether your projects are meaningfully impacting growth. You should have stellar judgement - knowing when to dig in to iterate towards the right solution, and when it’s time to throw out your project and move on.
In this role you will
- Define, track and grow KPIs
- Develop product growth concepts to test and evaluate
- Build and manage short-cycle projects from concept through delivery that look to answer specific questions about our users or test potential new growth-oriented product features
- Determine ways to 10x our product KPIs and meaningfully grow in-app revenue
- Relentlessly pursue product growth while balancing a delightful and user-centered experience
- Work closely with Growth Analysts, Product Managers, Designers, and Developers
A qualified candidate has:
- Experience coding projects from scratch and shipping them
- Excellent track record of driving growth (we are talking scaling by orders of magnitude) and meaningful engagement
- A product and growth mindset - analytical thinking, desire to test and learn, willingness to pivot
- Considerable knowledge of analytics tracking tools
- Past success with analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions and adjusting strategy accordingly
- Respect for design and simple, elegant, and delightful user experiences
- Great communication skills and a knack for presenting results to groups in a clear, digestible manner
- A great mix of creative and analytical thinking
- Interest in the travel industry and startups is a plus; you should be comfortable working in a small team and a fast-paced environment
- The ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle uncertainty, ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
Compensation will be competitive including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs (Accomplice, Brightspark and OMERS Ventures).