Freelance Illustrator (Remote)
Hopper is a mobile travel startup based in Cambridge, MA and Montreal, QC.
We combine insightful research on massive data sets with intuitive design to help travelers make better decisions about where to go and when to fly and buy.
We launched the Hopper app (iOS) in January 2015, followed by the Android app and in-app flight booking on both platforms. Since launch, Hopper has surpassed 7 million downloads and 12 million trips watched!
The app has been featured in outlets such as Tech Insider, Mashable, CNET, Fast Company, and New York Times. Both Apple and Google have featured Hopper in the App Store & Play Stores as one of the "best new apps".
Hopper’s illustrations are an important part of the brand. They can invoke a sense of delight in the user experience and are a powerful way to make something potentially mundane into something visually distinct and uniquely ours. For this reason we aim to increase their presence in our apps.
We’re looking for a Freelance Illustrator to join our team and help expand our city illustration library.
As Freelance Illustrator, you’ll work to match the defined style and aesthetic of our existing illustrations as we attempt to illustrate every city in the world!
In this role, you will:
- Work with our in-house illustrator to bring city illustration concepts to life
- Assist with content strategy and composition
- Create highly polished illustrations that will be seen by millions of people
- Prepare art files for delivery
A highly qualified candidate has:
- Cartooning and illustration skills, with the ability to match our existing illustration style
- Experience illustrating in Photoshop or Illustrator
- Graphic design skills, with an emphasis on color and layout
- Ability to illustrate quickly and efficiently, to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent team, communication, and organizational skills